What to choose ... a deodorant or an antiperspirant? That is the question! But strictly speaking, depending on the type of activity, lifestyle, taste, and physiology, multiple factors must be considered to make the right choice. This article will give you more information and will help you make the right decision!
What is the right choice? Antiperspirant or Deodorant?
Here are some questions you need to consider in order to make the right choice:
1. What is the difference between a deodorant and an antiperspirant?
Antiperspirants, by traditional definition, prevent you from sweating by blocking your sweat ducts with aluminum. They also contain anti-odour agents that prevent you from smelling bad. Deodorants, on the other hand, work by eliminating odour-causing bacteria and by absorbing odours associated with sweat, but do not prevent sweat from occurring. So, in other words, deodorants keep you odour-free, while antiperspirants keep you sweat AND odour-free.
2. But isn’t it healthy to sweat?
Sweating is a good thing! It helps cool down your body when you get hot and it also helps to release some toxins from your body. But really… most of us would rather stay dry. If you’re okay with a little dampness, then our Natural Deodorant is the product for you. If you’re more interested in a healthy way to stay dry, Green Beaver is proud to offer the first ever aluminum-free 100% natural antiperspirant.
3. What is the difference between the Green Beaver antiperspirant and a conventional antiperspirant?
Our antiperspirant is 100% natural. It does not contain any aluminum or potentially harmful ingredients such as parabens, artificial fragrances that are commonly found in conventional antiperspirant products.
4. Remind me: what’s wrong with aluminum?
Numerous studies have theorized links between aluminum and certain diseases, such as breast cancer and Alzheimer’s. Although aluminum from antiperspirants has been shown to be absorbed through skin, the scientific evidence linking the use of antiperspirants to these diseases remains inconclusive. However, the EU and Switzerland have published a statement of caution that antiperspirant should not be applied to damaged or irritated skin. The notion that antiperspirants might somehow be responsible is something to seriously think about.
5. But how does your antiperspirant work if it doesn’t contain aluminum?
Green Beaver’s new generation of natural antiperspirants uses its proprietary aluminum-free NaturaDri™ technology that was clinically proven to provide effective wetness protection. When applied onto the skin, NaturaDri™ creates a protective moisture barrier against perspiration with jojoba and mimosa flower wax esters. Moreover, corn and tapioca starches absorb excess perspiration. In other words, sweat is curbed by waxes and absorbed by starches. In addition to preventing perspiration, our new antiperspirants are formulated with anti-odour sage extract and is clinically proven to provide 24-hour odour protection. Tested by dermatologists, Green Beaver’s aluminum-free antiperspirant was clinically proven to be non-irritating and hypoallergenic.
6. How do I find the right product for me?
You’ve got two choices:
a. If you think it’s awesome that sweat keeps you cool...
We recommend using our Natural Deodorant. With our signature sage extract, it’ll be sure to get rid of any odour-causing bacteria that lies on the surface of your skin.
b. If you are ecstatic that there is finally a healthy way to stay dry…
We recommend using our first ever Aluminum-Free 100% Natural Antiperspirant. With our exclusive NaturaDri™ Technology, our antiperspirant will provide you with long-lasting sweat and odour protection, naturally.
7. Which antiperspirant fragrance would best suit me?
Our certified 100% natural fragrances are made with a combination of organic essential oils and plant extracts. Our antiperspirants are offered in three distinct natural scents for women and two bold scents for men:
- Verve is a fresh and energizing natural fragrance that’ll have you eager and ready to take on the day, whether that means a morning run or that first sip of coffee.
- Escape is a fruity and tropical natural fragrance that’ll have you wishing you were walking on the beach, or whatever paradise looks like for you!
- Bliss is a rich and sweet natural fragrance. If you think the best things in life are covered in sprinkles, this one’s for you.
- Freedom is a cool and invigorating natural fragrance that’ll give you the energy to climb a mountain, hike a trail, or simply take on today’s challenges!
- Voyage is an exotic fragrance that’ll make you want to discover the spice markets of Abu Dhabi… or book an exciting trip in a location you’ve always dreamt of exploring!
8. Is the Green Beaver 100% natural aluminum-free antiperspirant gentle on the skin?
Our formula is infused with natural skin conditioning ingredients such as organic coconut and sunflower oil and is clinically proven to provide the best skin protection, even after hair removal. To learn more about our ingredients, click here.