It’s important to recharge your batteries properly so you can face the day on the right foot. Getting a good night's sleep brings a lot of health benefits, such as improved mood stability, improved immune system, as well as allowing you to be more focused throughout the day. In order to help you recover well at night, we’re sharing our tips and tricks.
1. The first important tip is to stop looking at your phone and all electronic devices at least 45 minutes before bedtime. This will help your eyes calm down and relax before going to bed. Instead of staring at a lit screen, read a book, knit a scarf, or reflect on your day through journaling.
2. One thing that really helps is brushing my teeth (with a natural toothpaste of course) at least one hour before going to bed. Thus, we are less tempted to eat and satisfy those little late-night cravings. If you feel hungry, prepare yourself a nice hot herbal tea, it will help calm your stomach.
3. Having a bath right before bed is probably the best way to fall asleep quickly. The heat will calm any tensions built up during the day and leave you in a state of deep well-being. Remember to put on cream when you get out of the bath to prevent dry skin from the hot water.
4. Light your favourite candle or diffuser and dim your bedroom light at least 30 minutes before going to bed. Setting up a Zen atmosphere will subconsciously show your body that it is time to go to bed.
5. Take a moment to stretch your lower back, shoulders, neck, legs, etc. A good full stretch will help make your bed more comfortable and help you relax as much as possible.
Now that you are ready for bed, remember that it takes an average of 7 to 8 hours of sleep to recover well. It depends on each person! Find the evening routine that suits you best and adapt as you want.